I love all things Italian, including the men, I actually think I may have fallen more for the ‘Italian Men’ and then the food but that’s another story! But back to point, I just love a good salad even before I began my new eating plan but please don’t serve me two pieces of browning lettuce leaves and a carrot stick and a few dry tomatoes. Oh no!! But I guess before a salad to me would have been loaded with full fat calorific dressings and most likely very little salad which is why I have come with this little Gem, as like you, I still need my dressings and my cheese which is the absolute beauty of this, ‘My Italian Inspired Chicken Salad‘ using leftovers and fabulous seasonal vegetables! I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.
To Serve 1 person.
Preparation time 10 minutes.
- 1 left over Chicken breast.
- 2 handfuls of Rocket lettuce.
- 2 small sliced vine tomatoes.
- 1/4 Red Bell pepper finely diced.
- 1/4 of a small red onion finely sliced.
- A medium sized piece of Cucumber finely sliced and halved.
- 30g of Parmesan cheese.
- 1 tbsp of Extra light mayonnaise.
- 1 tsp of fat free fromage frais
- 1/4 tsp of any good sweet chilli sauce.
- 1 tsp of freshly chopped parsley.
- 1/4 tsp of salt and some freshly ground black pepper to season.
- 1 tsp of cold water to thin the dressing.