How about a lovely mexican mid week treat?? I guess your thinking I am mad but who said mexican food had to be calorific? It is all about how you cook it! I needed something quick, easy and tasty this evening so I came up with this little beauty. Normally fajitas are served with high calorie side dishes and tortillas but here you have it all in one bowl without loosing any of the flavour and less than half the calories. The wrap I use is a brand called BFree they are both gluten and wheat free and can be used as a heathly extra B if you are following the slimming world plan.
Serves 2 people
Cooking time 20 minutes.
- 2 Chicken fillets
- 3 bell peppers finely sliced.
- 1 red onion finely sliced.
- 2 cloves of crushed Garlic.
- 100ml of passata.
- 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- 1 tbsp of sweetener.
- 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- 1 tsp of cajan seasoning.
- 1 tsp of fajita seasoning.
- 1/2 tsp of sweet smoked paprika.
- 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- 1/2 chicken stock cube/pot.
- 100ml of water.
- Salt and pepper to season.
- 2 BFree Wraps
- 80g of low fat cheddar cheese.
- Olive oil frylight.
- 1/2 a head of crisp Iceberg lettuce shredded.
Fromage frais garlic mayo.
- 1 tbsp of extra light mayonnaise.
- 1 tbsp of fat free fromage frais.
- 1/2 crushed clove of garlic.
- salt and pepper to season.
- 1/4 tsp of french’s american mustard.
- 1/2 tsp of finely chopped parsely.
- In a shallow pan, fry the sliced chicken in frylight until it is nice and golden.
- Add the sliced onions and garlic and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add all of your dry seasonings to the pan, stir in and fry for a further 1 minute.
- Then add the passata, chicken stock cube, white wine vinegar, sweetener and water and leave to reduce for a further 10 minutes.
- I then add the peppers so they dont over cook and still have a bight to them.
- Meanwhile place your wraps in the oven to warm and make the dressing.
- To serve place the wrap in a bowl or on a plate, add the shredded lettuce, fajita mix, then top it with the cheddar cheese and a spoon of the garlic mayonnaise.
I also like to serve this in lettuce wraps with some savoury fried rice in the bottom and sprinkled with some mild red chilli or bell pepper, they are delish!