I am the biggest chocoholic ever, and will often sit down in the evening and indulge in a few squares of that silky coco goodness. But that’s it, its only a few squares and hey I need more than that to satisfy my cravings. It was then that I discovered my recipe for my gluten and wheat free brownies. My slimming group had being raving and ranting about a flour less cake made with egg, sweetener and vanilla essence which is fabulous but i needed that Chocolate hit, so I decided to experiment one day and add coco powder, some yogurt and orange zest, and so became my ‘Chocolate orange brownie’s. I would honestly be lost without them week to week, they are lifesavers! I have a previous recipe up that makes a bigger batch but this little is a quick and simple treat for 1 or share between two but who shares anything Chocolate!
- 1 egg
- 35g of porridge oats.
- 2 tsp of Coco powder.
- The zest of 1 orange.
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract/vanilla pod.
- 4 tsp of fat free natural yogurt or I used free mandarin flavor mullerlight yogurt.
- 2 tbsp of sweetener.
- 1 foil Chinese style tray.
- Preheat your oven to 180c, spray a 4 inch foil tray with low calorie cooking spray.
- Separate the egg and beat the egg white until it begins to form stiff peaks and leave aside.
- In a separate bowl mix the egg yolk, coco powder, sweetener, yogurt, oats and zest together.
- Add the mixture to the egg whites and gently fold in using the figure of eight mixing technique. (TIP) Add a tablespoon of the egg whites into the coco mixture and beat in this will help to stabalise the egg white when adding in the dense mixture.
- Bake @ 180c for 15/20 minutes.
I hope you all enjoy my chocolate orange treat.