This is such a versatile dish and can be made with both chicken or pork Mince, extra lean of course. It would have always been a favorite of mine to order in a Chinese restaurant as a starter, but why not create your own healthy version at home and have it as a main course or a starter at the weekend along with my Chicken Curry recipe. All the satisfaction without the guilt.
- 250g of extra lean minced chicken/Pork.
- 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- 2 Cloves of crushed garlic.
- 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- 1/2 a small onion finely diced.
- 1 red pepper finely diced.
- 1/2 punnet of button mushrooms finely diced.
- 1/4 tsp of fresh/ground ginger.
- large whole leaves of iceberg lettuce.
- 1/2 a chicken stock cube/pot.
- 50ml of water.
2 tbsp of Oyster sauce.
1 nest of fine egg noodles.
- In a pan add some low calorie spray oil, add the chicken/pork and cook for 5 minutes.
- I then add the finely diced onion and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add all of the other ingredients and fry then for a further 10/15 minutes.
Add the fine noodles at the end and stir well together.
I serve this on or with Iceberg lettuce leaves. Really quick and simple.