This recipe was inspired by my love of those little Bakewell buns with the cherry on top and luscious layer of jam and icing. However they are lovely as a treat once in while but not to be had everyday while trying to improve you lifestyle with better eating. You may already be familiar with the flour-less sponge recipe so here I have adapted this recipe to create my sumptuous tasty simple tray bake, with little bursts of Strawberry Jam and a crumble topping that adds amazing texture to the sponge base. I hope you all enjoy, Happy Baking!!
- 6 large eggs.
- 1/2 a tub of Quark/Fat free Fromage Frais.
- 2 tsp of almond extract or essence.
- 50g of Special K Granola.
- 6 tsp of reduced sugar Strawberry or Raspberry Jam.
- 10 heaped dessert spoons of sweetener.
- Preheat your oven to 180 c.
- Line a Swiss roll tin with parchment paper, and spray with low calorie cooking spray.
- Separate the eggs into two bowls, and beat the egg white until they form stiff peaks.
- in a separate bowl mix together the almond extract, quark and sweetener. Then add a spoon of the egg white in and beat together.
- Then add all of the egg yolk mixture back into the egg white and gently fold together in the figure of 8 pattern.
- I then add the mix to the Swiss roll tray and add the 6 teaspoons of jam in blobs around the mixture. I then swirl it around with a long metal skewer so it is dispersed throughout the mixture.
- Finally sprinkle the Granola on top and place in the oven for 30 minutes.