Who doesn’t love a Pizza night? But yes I know when you are trying to create a new healthy eating lifestyle for yourself, Pizza is most defiantly off the cards 99% of the time, but not anymore. I was an avid Pizza addict along with everything else of course, but I really did miss a good pizza night, sitting down with your family sharing or not sharing 🙂 in my case afraid someone would take a slice of that delicious melting cheesy goodness smothered on crusty pizza dough! I have to stop now or I will hit speed dial! I needed to come up with a solution, I know there are many recipes for a low calorie pizza out there, but I wanted something that would suit my food plan and not jeopardise my weekly weigh in, which is a Monday after the weekend. So here I have come up with a flour-less Gluten and wheat free crust to pile high with all of your favorite “Sin” free toppings. Happy eating guys and dolls.
- 4 large eggs.
- 1 dessert spoon of fat free Quark / Low fat cream cheese.
- 1/2 a chicken stock cube
- 1 tsp of fresh garlic or garlic granules.
- salt and pepper to taste.
Homemade Basil Pesto
- 1 tsp of Olive oil/alternative low cal cooking spray or oil.
- 1 tsp of freshly chopped garlic.
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to season.
- 10g of grated Parmesan cheese. (optional)
Quick no cook Marinara Sauce
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- 1 tsp of white wine/malt vinegar whatever you have in the house.
- 1 tsp of sweetener.
- 1/4 tsp of dried oregano.
- 1 clove of freshly crushed garlic.
- Basil pesto
- leftover Chicken
- Sliced vine tomato
- 45g of full fat or 65g of low fat grated mozzarella cheese. Tip – Place the ball of mozzarella cheese into the freezer for half an hour and you will be able to grate easily, if you cannot find low fat ready grated mozzarella.
I use a twelve inch metal frying pan to make my pizza base. Alternatively you can use a rectangular Swiss roll tin or any round tray you have. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and leave to one side.
To make the base mix, add all of the ingredients listed under pizza base to a bowl, beat until it has no lumps and is of a smooth consistency.
I then place this in a moderate oven at 200c for 10 minutes. I use this time to make my marinara sauce, basil pesto and prepare toppings.
For the Marinara sauce and believe me this is just so quick especially when my freezer stocks of sauce have diminished or your just in from work on a Friday evening. Place all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Simple as!
For the basil Pesto, I finely chop the fresh basil, add it to the garlic, other ingredients and combine. If you want you can also do this in a mini food or hand processor, add all of the ingredients and blitz.
When the base is cooked, add the sauce,half the cheese, your toppings and the rest of the grated mozzarella. Place in the oven at 220 degrees for 15 minutes or until your cheese has melted and is bubbling. Feel free to add whatever toppings you like and pile them high!
I like to serve this with homemade potato or butternut squash chips.
For the butternut squash chips, I don’t even bother peeling the squash, just cut into nice chunky wedges, lay on a oven tray, spray with low calorie cooking spray and season with salt, pepper, garlic and Cajun spice. Of course you can also add to a an actifry or airfryer.