So you may have guessed by now I am a little bit of a chocoholic, and have often been found with my rear end sticking out of the cupboard, spoon in hand, eating Chocolate hazelnut spread from the jar, I have problems I know! I am in love with the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, but why waste all of those precious calories on the commercial branded peanut butter cups (which I was and am still obsessed with). Here I have come up with my no bake Naked Peanut butter cups, they are so simple to make and literally take 20 minutes to prepare. They can also be frozen to have at your convenience, and maybe not eat them all at once! I am very excited for you to try them, they were a big hit at taster in my slimming class today and of course I hope you enjoy!
- 1 pack of Scandinavian scan bran. Alternative to use is Ryvita crispbreads or shredded wheat.
- 6 tbsp. of Chocolate hazelnut spread.
- 6 tsp of Crunchy or smooth peanut butter.
- 25g of Dark Chocolate.
- 24 cupcake cases.
- Place the scan bran or alternative in a large freezer bag, and make into fine crumbs. You can also place in a food processor and blitz.
- Place the hazelnut spread over a bowl of simmering water, making sure not to touch the water or it may split on you and let it come to a melting consistency. You can also place in the microwave.
- Add this to the Scan bran crumb and mix thoroughly.
- I then place 1 teaspoon of the mix in regular cupcake cases, repeat until you have 24 filled cases.
- I then melt the peanut butter until it is of a runny consistency and add ¼ tsp to each case.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes and leave to set.
- Meanwhile melt the 25g of dark chocolate and drizzle over each peanut butter cup. I place them back in the fridge for a further 10 minutes and then of course tuck in!