If like me you love Sweet and Sour from your local Chinese, you need to make this! It is so quick and simple, a perfect midweek treat!
- 4 lean Chicken fillets.
- 1/2 a red, green and yellow pepper.
- 1/2 a large sweet spanish onion.
- 1/2 a punnet of button mushrooms.
- 20 mangetout.
- 1 Tube of tomato Puree.
- 350mlsmls of Diet/Zero Orange.
- 1 tbsp of White wine/malt vinegar.
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic.
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 100mls of just boiled water.
- Low calorie cooking spray.
- In a heavy based frying pan or wok ( I find the sauce reduces better/quicker in a pan rather than a saucepan), place the tomato puree, diet orange, chicken stock cube, cayenne pepper, vinegar and water.
- Leave to reduced for 10/15 minutes on a high heat.
- Place the sauce in a bowl and leave aside.
- Wash the pan, place back on the heat and spray with low cal spray. Add the Chicken and fry until golden.
- Add the prepped veg to the pan and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the sauce into the veg and chicken, along with the crushed garlic and leave to simmer for 10 minutes on a medium heat.
- I serve this with Steamed broccoli, Chips made in my Tefal Actifry and egg fried cauliflower rice, for which I grate raw cauliflower, add to a pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray, 1 tbsp of water and fry for 1 minute. I add 1 egg which I scramble in a separate pan and fry for a further 2 minutes on a medium heat.