4 lean Chicken fillets.
1/2 a red and green pepper.
1/2 a large sweet spanish onion.
1/2 a punnet of button mushrooms.
2 tbsp of Tomato puree
350ml Can of Diet Cola/Cola Zero.
150mls of passata.
1 tsp of White wine/malt vinegar.
2 cloves of crushed garlic.
1 tsp of Chilli pepper.
1 chicken stock cube
Low calorie cooking spray.
1 tsp of 5 spice.
1 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- In a heavy based frying pan or wok ( I find the sauce reduces better/quicker in a pan rather than a saucepan), place the tomato puree, diet coke, chicken stock cube, chilli pepper and vinegar.
- Leave to reduced for 10/15 minutes on a high heat.
- Place the sauce in a bowl and leave aside.
- Wash the pan, place back on the heat and spray with low cal spray. Add the Chicken and fry until golden.
- Add the prepped veg to the pan and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the sauce into the veg and chicken, along with the crushed garlic and leave to simmer for 10 minutes on a medium heat.
- I serve this with Steamed carrots and Boiled Basmati Rice.Enjoy!