Magic Oaty Vanilla and Orange Ovencakes

This is a well known recipe for many, and will be new to some, I know it is definitely to me because I can just never muster the patience to stand frying pancakes. But I am a little busier at weekends now so I need to prepared and these little beautys are just perfect with amazing filling power! And now they are even easier you can make your mix in 2 minutes before you leave for work pop in the fridge and then into the oven the night before you need them, especially if you are busy with work, school runs college etc.

image

Makes 24 Ovencakes

Ingredients
4 large eggs.
35g of porridge oats.
1 fat free vanilla yogurt.
2 dessert spoons of fat free 0% greek yogurt.
6 dessert spoons of sweetener.
Zest of 1 orange.
2 tsps of vanilla extract.
24 foil cases.
Low calorie cooking spray.

Method.

Weigh your oats, add to a bowl with the eggs, sweetener, yogurt and vanilla extract, cover and place in the fridge overnight or for at least 2 hours. This will ensure the oats swell and will give you a thicker batter to work with.

When you remove the mix from the fridge you will need to to mix it well as the egg will seperate and rise to the top.

Spray each foil case with low calorie cooking spray and place 1 dessert spoon of the mix into each case.

image

Place in the oven @180 for 15/20 minutes. When the top is starting to brown and pulling away from the side of the cases, I remove from the oven and flip them over just like a pancake. Leave in for a further 5 minutes, remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool or staright on your plate 😉

image

Of course any flavours can be used, I have made some by adding some mixed spice to the remainder of the batter along with some finely grated carrot for a different texture and flavour.

image

I hope you all enjoy guys and dolls!
TheNakedBlondie x

Advertisements

21 Comments Add yours

1. vicki says:

Wondering what the syns would be? Would u just syn the porridge? And if so do u eat all of these hun? Or syn them individualy, any advice appreciated these look fab x

1. Yep just syn the porridge and yep I eat every single one 😉

2. leeann says:

How many syns each would u give them

1. You just need to syn the porridge oats Leeann 😉

3. Jade says:

Are these supposed to be crispy when they come out the oven or soft?

Thanks x

1. Soft they are pancakes done in the oven 😉

4. Ruth says:

Hi! Stupid question really but where did you buy the foil cases? I’ve hunted everywhere but not found them. Would this work as well without if I spray the tin with frylight first? Thanks.

1. Yep that will work perfect doll give em a good spray or you could use the silicone cases eother

5. Natalie says:

These are on my to do list this week they look fab! But what brand of 0% greek yogurt do you use? I was in Supervalu the other day and must have spent 10 mins in the yogurt section trying to find one with no luck haha! X

1. Lol I use the literte 0% greek yogurt doll but any fatfree yogurt will do xx

6. Natalie xx says:

I know you have done these with Quark as well – would it be a full tub hun? Xx

1. I used just a half tub Natalie xx

1. Natalie xx says:

Thanks – I’ll get some of those foil things and try them this week. Thinking half for breakfast then the rest for eveningg snack. Think this is what you do? X

2. Yep thats exactly it doll x

7. sharon conway says:

Hey made these today they are yummy… where would u store ur extras…

1. I always keep mine in the fridge Sharon 😉

8. Ceire says:

Can I use quick oats

1. Yes I would imagine so xx

1. Ceire says:

i made them, they were quite soggy a bit like an omelette …. i thought they would be more dence. maybe quick oats was a bad idea. xx

9. Olivia says:

Thenakedblondie how much yogurt do you use, what size pot please? thanks