I love me a good energy ball, and to be honest in the last couple of weeks I had a fabulous epiphany – ‘Realisation’ that hey I CAN actually create and make my own! I do it for so many other things why not make a little ball of goodness that’s going to fuel my body – is actually good for me and tear at the purse strings. They are also only 5 ingredients in this recipe, low cal and wont break the Syn bank if like me you follow a specific weight loss plan.
Makes 20 Energy Ballz
- 160g of dates pitted and chopped
- 40g of walnuts
- 35g of oats
- 60g of peanut butter or any nut butter you prefer. If you do not like nut butter use 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- 14g of raisins
- 20g of toasted oats
- 1 square of dark chocolate
- For this recipe I used a hand blender, its not ideal but it worked. I would suggest if your making them long term invest in a food processor.
- Add all the measured ingredients to a bowl or food processor and blitz until you have a smooth consistency. Place in the fridge for 30 to 40 minutes to let the mix set up before you begin to roll into little balls.
- When all the balls are rolled you can leave them in their natural state or roll them in toasted oats, grated chocolate or raw cacao nibs.
- Leave to set in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours or as long as you can wait!